Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A Proud Father




Cant believe I have a 12 year old. Time goes hella fast. I still believe the scariest moment in my life is when me and her mother split and I was on my own, the first day she was dropped off to me, I had no idea what to do. I called my mom and she eased my mind like she always does.

 She was a 1 year old and didn't cry much at all. We became best buddies during that time.
I would have conversations with her, she would respond like she knew what I was talking about. Maybe she did.... I'd lay her on my chest as I sat on the couch beating the breaks off her uncles in Madden on Xbox live as she slept(true story).

When she started walking, she'd just take off running, I literally had to hold her hand everywhere we went or she'd just take off lol, hands in the air like a Scooby-Doo character. Good times.

I'm just glad she's into tech, video games, and anime and not these young knucklehead whippersnappers..... Yet.... I'm sure that day will come and when it does we'll have a mature conversation about it.

As a father raising a daughter, I don't think there's much I can teach her about being a woman, what I can do is do my best to teach her what a man is suppose to be by being that man for her. If she chooses wrong, I'll look at that as a direct reflection of my impact on her.

One day I'll pass the torch willingly and step back knowing she's in good hands.

Sincerely,
A Proud dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment